Thursday 11 January 2007

And lo...there was the internet...and she saw that it was good

Praise be! I have the internet working! (Hence the religious delirium.) The telecoms engineer came on Monday night and concluded that the problem stemmed from the modem, not the line. So, on Tuesday we put in a request for a new router and it came today. All instructions were in German and the diagrams incomprehensible. But, after 6 hours spent moving cables between different sockets, time spent with a German dictionary and some time being tired and emotional (I currently have a v good excuse to be irrational when faced with technology and I’m going to use it) I got the net to work.

The main problem now is that the net provider did not send a wireless receiver, so the computer cannot be located far from the phone socket. I can only access the internet by sitting on the floor, in the hall. Next stop: buy a wireless receiver.

Mmm…now I am going to look up stuff on the net. How novel!

No comments: