Sunday 6 May 2007

The birthing experience

Having given birth in Germany I must say I am impressed. I had constant and thoughtful care and attention during labour and plenty of support after the birth. My sister had quite a different experience in England. She was booked to have an induction on the 10th day she was overdue. However, 3 hours before she was due to go into hospital for the induction, her contractions started naturally. She called the maternity unit to inform them she was coming in - and the receptionist who answered asked her if she could wait until the time of the appointment as the unit was busy. The receptionist helpfully suggested that my sister take a paracetamol and have a bath to ease the pain. Needless to say, she ignored this advice and made her way to the hospital ASAP.

No comments: