Wednesday 22 November 2006

Fancy Cologne

What’s the deal?

My husband’s been offered a promotion in his employer’s Cologne studio and we have decided to take the plunge and move there. As I am five months pregnant I wouldn’t have been working for much longer anyway, so it was easier than I expected to quit my job. We’re going with the intention of trying a totally new experience…

I am sitting at a make-shift desk amongst piles and piles of books. Most prominent are ones about fast cars and fast women (not mine). I promise there are more worthy ones somewhere towards the floor. So, I am surrounded by the possessions which characterise my life. But this time next week they will all be packed and loaded into a lorry and hopefully wending their way across land, sea and more land until they reach my new place in Cologne, Germany.

Arriving on December 1st, I'll be opening my advent calendar in the land of Christmas markets.

No comments: